Last updated: May 24, 2018.
Responsible for Data Protection (DPO):
Toni Engelhardt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The following outlines which general and personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, and how it will be stored and processed.
Please read it carefully!
Important! If you are under 16 years old you may not use this service without the explicit prior consent of your legal guardian to the following policy.
Data we collect from you
When you use and interact with our site we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling out forms on our site (for instance when you enter a waiting list) will be stored in our database.
- When you sign up on our platform we automatically create a user account for you and store the email address and a hash of the password you provide in our database. All information that you add in your profile or profile settings (e.g. location) is also stored together with your account and can be easily updated in your user settings to keep it accurate.
- Whenever you are logged into your account we log and store usage statistics and information about the pages you visit on our site (event pages, event lists, blog articles, etc.) in order to better understand your interests and to make better suggestions for you.
- If you contact us via phone or email, we may keep a record of the correspondence.
- Information about the device which you use to access our page, including unique device identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information.
- When using location-based services, we may collect and process information about your physical location. Most devices will acquire your acceptance before exposing your location but this is not within our responsibility. Our service is heavily dependent on location data and we recommend not to use it if you do not want to share your location information.
Where we store your data
How we use your data
We will use your email address to communicate with you. In case you activate email notifications in your profile settings we will also send you updates about new features and notifications about events that might be interesting for you, new events from hosts that you follow and statistics about the performance of events you have created. If you use the 'optimize' feature we will also notify you when any optimization has been performed. If not specifically stated otherwise and given your explicit consent we do not share your email address with anyone. Communication with third party services outside of our page always goes through us.
Data you add to your profile besides your email address, like profile picture, username etc. will be publicly visible to all users of our website.
When using our service while you are logged in we collect data about how you use the service and which pages you visit. We process this data to generate general statistics and to analyse your behaviour and your interests in order to improve our service and provide you with a better user experience.
Disclosure of information
We won't disclose any of your private information without your prior confirmation. Please note however that some of the integrated third party services might very well do so. Please refer to their privacy policies for further information. Please also have a look at the sections "Facebook login and import" and "third party widgets" with regards to these issues.
Server log files
In order to monitor usage and problems of this site we store so-called server log files, which your browser transmits automatically while using the website. The collected information is generally not associated with personal data and or other data sources. However, there might be exceptions in the case of suspected misuse or illegal actions.
The collected information comprises:
- Brower type / version
- Operating system
- Referrer URL
- Hostname of the system executing requests
- Timestamps of requests
Facebook login and import
If you sign up with Facebook or import events from Facebook, Facebook will ask you to grant our service access to some personal information of you (Facebook ID, email address, full name, age range, picture, whether you are verified, your locale, timezone, profile link, gender and update time). If you grant these access rights the listed information will be imported from Facebook and stored on our servers. So please think carefully about it and do not use this feature if you do not agree with the above.
Third party widgets
We integrate widgets of the following services (either already or in future releases):
- Google Maps (may collect location information about you)
- Livestream (not active as of May 24, 2018)
- Twitter (not active as of May 24, 2018)
- Instagram (not active as of May 24, 2018)
Access to information
You have the right to access any personal information we have stored about you. To request the data please send a short email to email@example.com so that we can prepare it for you.
Deletion of information
You can delete your user account and therewith all personal information we store about you in your profile settings, or by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want us to do it for you. Exempt from the deletion are our database backups that are stored on our servers not shared with or exposed to anyone.
Changes to this policy
Any changes that we make to this policy in the future will be posted and logged here and, if you have a user account and the changes directly effect you, sent to you by email. Some changes might only affect you when you use certain features. You will be asked to consent to those changes at the time you start using those features.
- November 17, 2016:
- Mai 24, 2018:
Updates for compliance with GDPR.
If you have any questions about the above policy, please contact us at